Watford face competition in chase for QPR man – report

first_imgWigan are competing with Blackburn and Watford for the signing of out-of-favour QPR striker DJ Campbell, according to The People.Watford have shown an interest in the 30-year-old and it is claimed that Blackburn are also keen, while Wigan boss Roberto Martinez is now said to want him as well.Related West London Sport story: Watford leading chase for QPR striker (27 July)The People also say Italian side Roma could gazump Liverpool and sign Clint Dempsey.Dempsey has been tipped to move to Anfield but Fulham are believed to want £10m for the American.And it is claimed that Roma are now preparing a bid for him – with the £12m fee they received from Liverpool for striker Fabio Borini.Meanwhile, the Daily Star Sunday suggest Fulham are still trying to sign Vitesse Arnhem defender Alexander Buttner after the apparent collapse of his move to Southampton.The People say Chelsea boss Roberto Di Matteo is planning a £25m bid for German star Andre Schurrle.It is claimed Di Matteo wants the 21-year-old Bayer Leverkusen striker as a replacement for Didier Drogba.Schurrle has been linked with several clubs but is said to be swaying towards west London.Manchester United plan to beat Chelsea to the signing of Borussia Dortmund’s Robert Lewandowski, the Mail on Sunday suggest.United have apparently indicated that they are willing to pay £12m for the striker.The Mail also say Chelsea are closing in on Wigan forward Victor Moses after the Latics made an enquiry for Everton’s Victor Anichebe.This page is regularly updated. Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebooklast_img read more

Constable held in U.P. for harassing siblings

first_imgA police constable in Uttar Pradesh’s Mainpuri district was on Sunday placed under suspension and arrested for allegedly harassing two sisters, one of them a minor, after they had gone to the police outpost to lodge a complaint of sexual harassment.The police action came on a complaint by the victims. The police also took cognisance of a video of the alleged molestation that was circulated on social media.Ishwari Prasad, the constable stationed at the Karhal Gate Chowki, was booked under Section 354 of the Indian Penal Code (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) and Section 9/10 of The Protection of Children from Sexual Offenses Act (POCSO).Superintendent of Police Rajesh S. ordered a probe, stating that such cases would not be tolerated. The incident took place on Saturday evening. An online footage reportedly shows the constable touching one of the girls inappropriately. The accused dismissed the charges. He claimed he touched her hand “as a father would his daughter’s, and asked her to go back home”.last_img read more

No government presence in 73 panchayats in Sukma dt.

first_imgThe Sukma administration in Chattisgarh has flagged to the Home Ministry that half the village panchayats are “no-go areas” due to security concerns.The Centre has been informed that there is no government presence in 73 of the 145 gram panchayats.NITI Aayog projectSukma, one of the 115 “aspirational districts” selected by the NITI Aayog for transforming the health and social indicators, is among the worst of the Left Wing Extremism (LWE)-affected areas.Ten districts of Chattisgarh are being covered under the programme, of which nine face LWE.Last week, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh presided over a meeting in Raipur to discuss the project.Sukma Collector Jai Prakash Maurya told The Hindu that security was the only issue in his district. “My district is the worst-affected and without security, we cannot do any construction or development work. There are around 15,000 security personnel deployed here,” he said.No roads, electrificationThe Home Ministry was also informed that there were at least 220 roads in Sukma, sanctioned by the State, where no construction could take place.“The same is the case with rural electrification. There are around 28,000 households that are yet to be connected to the electricity grid,” the Ministry was informed.Mr. Maurya said he had sent a proposal to the State government to reopen around 120 schools that have remained shut for more than a decade.“During the interaction [with the Home Minister], the success achieved in aggressive operations in the core area of the CPI (Maoist) was highlighted. The security grid has been stabilised and deployments have been extended to no-go areas. Significant inter-State cooperation has resulted in numerous successful operations, particularly with Telangana, and there has been a perceptible improvement in the coordination between the State police and Central forces,” said a note prepared by the Home Ministry after Mr. Singh’s meeting.last_img read more

One injured in shooting on the 4600 block of Convoy Street

first_imgFacebookTwitter Updated: 11:35 PM Posted: February 15, 2019 KUSI Newsroom, One injured in shooting on the 4600 block of Convoy Street Categories: Local San Diego News KUSI Newsroom February 15, 2019 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek  . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsKEARNY MESA (KUSI)- One person was critically wounded tonight in a shooting outside of a restaurant in a strip mall in the Kearny Mesa area of SanDiego.Police responded about 10 p.m. to witness reports of eight to 10 men fighting in the 4600 block of Convoy Street and four to six shot fired, according to Officer John Buttle of the San Diego Police Department.A witness spoke to KUSI saying that he heard three gun shots and saw that the man was shot in the torso and the leg.The victim was transported to the hospital.Police are looking for two possible suspects believed to be connected to the shooting.The other men involved in the fight left the area in unknown directions, Buttle said. A description of the suspects were not immediately available.Responders are on the scene.This is a developing story. last_img read more

Kapil Sharma stuns with his epic transformation Photo

first_imgKapil Sharma, Krushna AbhishekSony TVKapil Sharma leaves no stone unturned when it comes to entertain the audience with his gags on The Kapil Sharma Show which has been topping the TRP charts since the beginning. The comedian has undoubtedly come a long way after overcoming depression and cutting down his alcohol consumption. And Kapil has yet again stunned his fans with his epic physical transformation.Over the past few months, Kapil was seen sporting a bearded look on the show. But now the comedian will be sporting a clean-shaven look.Giving a glimpse of his new look, Kapil Sharma shared a selfie on Instagram flashing his million dollar smile and wrote, “Smile makes you more #lively what you say.”Besides dedicating his time for the shoot, Kapil is also looking after his pregnant wife Ginni Chatrath who has entered into the third trimester. Like his mother, Ginni also accompanies Kapil on the show and can be seen sitting in the front row watching all the madness on the stage.#NewProfilePic pic.twitter.com/uagm1anaqt— Kapil Sharma (@KapilSharmaK9) July 19, 2019Kapil will now be seen interacting with Kangana Ranaut who has been hitting the headlines for her verbal spat with journalist at the recent Judgementall Hai Kya song launch event which had taken place in Mumbai.On tonight’s episode of The Kapil Sharma show, Kangana will be seen taking a dig at herself saying that she can’t resist herself from getting into trouble.last_img read more

Rainn Wilsons SoulPancake Tastemade Ink CoProduction Pact for Three TVTargeted Shows

first_img“At SoulPancake, our focus is to create storytelling that inspires and emotionally connects with viewers,” Sarah North, SoulPancake’s head of television, said in a statement. “Our strong track record of moving audiences between our digital and linear TV projects, along with Tastemade’s strength in programming and our combined reach, creates an ideal co-production partnership.”Tastemade head of programming Oren Katzeff added, “Both companies have a deep passion for producing high-quality, engaging and entertaining content and we look forward to telling new and memorable stories together.”SoulPancake’s shows to date have included “Kid President,” “My Last Days,” “SoulPancake on OWN,” and “Impress Me.” Tastemade’s originals include “Kitchen Little,” “Weekend Refresh” and “Behind the Dish.”Here’s a description of the three SoulPancake-Tastemade co-productions:“Board of Dating”: A group of singles, with the help of a trained matchmaker, turn their love lives over to a “board of directors” comprising their friends and family to get guidance on finally finding the one. (6 episodes, premieres Oct. 5)“Move Today”: A person at the end of their rope is presented with a choice: stay in their current life — or move today. If they choose to relocate, they’re immediately packed up and set up in a new city, with a new job and new social opportunities. At the end of the week, they must decide if they’re going to stay in their new life or go back home. (Pilot, premieres Nov. 1)“Wild Therapy”: Can crossing a canyon help bridge an emotional gap? A survivalist host leads couples in discord on an epic adventure to find out if overcoming the challenges of the wild can overcome the challenges in relationships. (Premiere TBD) Popular on Variety Participant Media’s SoulPancake — the studio and production company founded by Rainn Wilson — and food and lifestyle media company Tastemade are collaborating on TV shows the companies hope to sell to a network or streaming platform.Under the agreement, SoulPancake and Tastemade are jointly develop and producing three unscripted long-form TV projects: matchmaker series “Board of Dating,” in which singles put their love lives in the hands of a panel of friends and family; “Move Today,” in which people stuck in a rut are transported to a new life in a new city; and “Wild Therapy,” where a survivalist host leads couples in dysfunctional relationships on epic adventures.To drive interest among prospective buyers, the companies will pilot two of the shows — “Board of Dating” and “Move Today” — on their digital channels, which they say reach a combined audience of more than 35 million followers. “Board of Dating” premieres Friday (Oct. 5) on Facebook Watch (at this link) and SoulPancake’s YouTube channel (at this link). The pilot of “Move Today” is slated to release on Nov. 1 on Tastemade’s Facebook page and the SoulPancake YouTube channel. The release date of “Wild Therapy” is yet to be determined. Pictured above (l. to r.): SoulPancake founder Rainn Wilson, SoulPancake CEO Shabnam Mogharabi, Tastemade co-founder and CEO Larry Fitzgibbon ×Actors Reveal Their Favorite Disney PrincessesSeveral actors, like Daisy Ridley, Awkwafina, Jeff Goldblum and Gina Rodriguez, reveal their favorite Disney princesses. Rapunzel, Mulan, Ariel,Tiana, Sleeping Beauty and Jasmine all got some love from the Disney stars.More VideosVolume 0%Press shift question mark to access a list of keyboard shortcutsKeyboard Shortcutsplay/pauseincrease volumedecrease volumeseek forwardsseek backwardstoggle captionstoggle fullscreenmute/unmuteseek to %SPACE↑↓→←cfm0-9Next UpJennifer Lopez Shares How She Became a Mogul04:350.5x1x1.25×1.5x2xLive00:0002:1502:15last_img read more

Delaying disembarkation worsens child migrants suffering – UNCCR

first_img SharePrint Twitter / Maud Veith / SOS MEDITERRANEE Twitter / Maud Veith / SOS MEDITERRANEE The United Nations Committee for Children’s Rights has warned that delaying disembarkation for rescued migrants only worsens the suffering or child migrants.The 18-member Committee made up of international independent experts in the human rights field, state that, ‘delays in authorizing the disembarkation in the nearest place of safety of rescued migrants and refugees, including children, leaves them stranded at the sea, further exacerbating their vulnerabilities.’This is just one of their main concerns in relation to changes and amendments made to the Immigration Act 2015 and Strategy for the Reception of Asylum-Seekers and Irregular Migrants 2016. While the group says it supports many of the introduced safeguards and ‘temporary humanitarian protection status,’ granted to unaccompanied children, there are still serious concerns outstanding.(b) The age assessment procedure is not multidisciplinary, and there are shortcomings relating to transparency, independence, appointment of guardians, and the application of the principles of the best interests of the child and the benefit of the doubt;(c) The guardianship system for unaccompanied children does not have adequate human, technical and financial resources, and is not sufficiently independent, which may lead to a conflict of interest and hinder the best interests of the child;(d) The Reception of Asylum Seekers Regulations under the Refugees Act still provide for the possibility of placing asylum-seeking and refugee children in detention as a measure of last resort under article 14 (1), and of placing unaccompanied children aged sixteen years or over in accommodation centres for adult asylum-seekers, under article 15;(e) The temporary humanitarian protection status for unaccompanied children and the rights and benefits attached to it, are not regulated by law.Read more:Why can’t child migrants speak for themselves?Europe needs to realise the impact of its policies on child migrants‘We need more resources to investigate when child migrants go missing’Prioritise transfer to asylum seeking and refugee children and families In addition to voicing their serious concerns, the 18-member group also outlines a series of recommendations to the authorities on how to support migrant children.The group calls for the prioritising of the transfer of asylum seeking children and families from reception facilities to more permanent resettlement options.‘Prioritize the immediate transfer of asylum-seeking children and their families out of the Initial Reception Facility, and adopt permanent and sustainable resettlement options for refugees, particularly children and their families,’ the group demands.In addition to this demand, there are a number of equally important recommendations focused on protecting child migrants under international law and the assigning of unaccompanied minors guardians and appropriate determination procedures.(a) Continue to review relevant laws, regulations, policies and practices to ensure they do not create, exacerbate or increase the vulnerabilities of asylum-seeking, refugee and migrant children, including by applying a human rights-based, gender- and disability-responsive, and age- and child-sensitive approach; CRC/C/MLT/CO/3-6 12(b) Implement a uniform protocol on age determination methods that is multidisciplinary, respectful of children’s rights and used only in cases of serious doubt about the claimed age and in consideration of documentary or other forms of evidence available, and ensure access to effective appeal mechanisms;(c) Ensure that unaccompanied children are assigned a competent guardian, who has the necessary expertise and is free from any potential conflict of interest, immediately upon their arrival at the border and ensure that best interest determination procedures are carried out at all stages of the national asylum procedure;(d) Process cases involving asylum-seeking and refugee children, including unaccompanied children, in a positive, humane and expeditious manner as a means of identifying durable solutions, ensuring full respect for the principle of non-refoulement and facilitating access to the asylum procedures for children in need of international protection in line with articles 6, 22 and 37 of the Convention;(e) Ensure that child protection authorities are promptly informed and assigned to participate in procedures for the determination of the best interests of the child once an unaccompanied or separated child arrives in the State party, in accordance with international law, including by training border officials on the rights of the child and child-sensitive procedures;(f) Prohibit the immigration detention of migrant, asylum-seeking and refugee children in law and ensure that legal prohibition is implemented in practice, and ensure effective alternatives to detention so as to allow children to remain with family members and/or guardians in non-custodial, community-based contexts, consistent with their best interests;(g) Prioritize the immediate transfer of asylum-seeking children and their families out of the Initial Reception Facility, and adopt permanent and sustainable resettlement options for refugees, particularly children and their families;(h) Transform the policy of granting temporary humanitarian protection to unaccompanied children into law so as to ensure their rights and best interests are protected even if they are not found to be in need of international protection.WhatsApp <a href=’http://revive.newsbook.com.mt/www/delivery/ck.php?n=ab2c8853&amp;cb={random}’ target=’_blank’><img src=’https://revive.newsbook.com.mt/www/delivery/avw.php?zoneid=97&amp;cb={random}&amp;n=ab2c8853&amp;ct0={clickurl_enc}’ border=’0′ alt=” /></a>last_img read more

STARTERS ORDERS Saturday

first_imgWelcome to Starters Orders. Our new daily midday update from the trading room at Star Sports with our key market movers for the day across all sports.Saturday 21 September1.50 NewburyKassiano 6/4 > 5/42.40 AyrSingeur 16/1 > 12/1An Saighdiur 16/1 > 14/12.55 NewburySaxo Jack 7/1 > 6/13.15 AyrValonia 3/1 > 5/23.40 NewmarketBrockwell 8/1 > 11/23.50 AyrBaccarat 10/1 > 8/1Spinatrix 33/1 > 25/1In the football Newcastle (4/5 from 10/11) popular to beat Hull.last_img