first_imgST. EUNANS.  1-10. V   1-08. KILCAR.                                St.Eunans ended Kilcar’s unbeaten league run and went top of Division One after this keenly contested game at O’Donnell Park. Seven points ahead at half-time Eunans looked in control but Kilcar made a real game of it in the second-half . However the home team just kept their noses in front to collect two important points.                                                                                                             The home team started well and kicked five unanswered points in the opening thirteen minutes, Cillian Morrison scored two from play while Conor Gibbons kicked one from play and two from close-in frees.                                     Kilcar had to wait until the 15th minute before opening their account, Aodhan Mc Ginley converting a 45.  Poor finishing let the visitors down as they kicked a succession of poor wides and after Eunans Michael Miller had spurned a great goal chance in the 19th minute Conor Parke made no mistake after a super exchange of passes with Barry Mc Geehin the corner-back palmed the ball to the net to make it 1-05 to 0-01.  Conor  Gibbons added his fourth score with a fine effort and Mc Ginley added his second from a free to complete the first-half scoring, Kilcar failing to score from play in the 33 minutes played.                                         Kilcar blasted out of the blocks at the start of the second-half and scored 1-02 without reply , Cormac Cannon drilled home a super goal and Aodhan Mc Ginley and Matthew Mc Clean added points to leave two in it.  Conor Gibbons and Mc Clean exchanged points and Cillian Morrison made it a three point game again following up after his drive had the crossbar.                                                 Back came Kilcar again with Ashley Carr and Brian O Donnell points from play to leave a point in it with eight minutes to go.  Sub Sean Mc Veigh took a lovely score for Eunans but Mc Ginley’s free narrowed it to one yet again in the 59th minute and in a tense finish Conor Morrison somehow found himself up the pitch and he steadied himself to kick the final score and leave it 1-10 to 1-08 for Eunans.                                                                                                                                         St.Eunans;  Blake Forkan, Conor Moore ( Conor O Donnell 45mins ), Conor Morrison 0-1,  Conor Parke 1-0, Kevin Kealy ( Sean Mc Veigh 46mins 0-1 ), Sean Hensey, Barry Mc Geehin, Oisín Toal, Kevin Rafferty, Darragh Mulgrew, Conal Dunne, Michael Miller, Lee Mc Monagle, Cillian Morrison 0-3, Conor Gibbons 0-5 2f.                                                                                                                                 Kilcar; Eamonn Mc Ginley, Barry Mc Ginley, Stephen Shovelin ( Martin Bryne 59mins ), Pauric Carr, Cormac Cannon 1-0,  Barry Shovelin, Brian O Donnell 0-1, Ciaran Mc Ginley, Aodhan Mc Ginley 0-4 3f 45, MarK Sweeney, Michael Hegarty, Conor Doherty, Ashley Carr 0-1, Declan Gallagher ( Darragh O Donnell 54mins ), Matthew Mc Clean 0-2.                                                                                              Referee;  Enda Mc Feely.St. Eunans end Kilcar’s unbeaten League run. was last modified: July 16th, 2017 by Chris McNultyShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *