Bahamas 2nd Annual Best of the Best Regatta Takes Place December at

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#Bahamas, October 12, 2017 – Nassau – The Ministry of Agriculture & Marine Resources, in collaboration with the Star Sailors League, announced they will host the Second Annual Best of the Best Regatta at Montagu Bay, December 6-10 of this year.   Agriculture & Marine Resources Minister, the Hon. Renward Wells addressed the press in the Conference Room of the Ministry’s Headquarters, October 11, to invite the public to support their fellow Bahamian sportsmen participating in the international cultural event.“Our Planning Committee’s work is well underway as we are looking forward to the battery of activities that will heighten public awareness of, and participation in, Bahamian culture, and showcase sloop sailing for Bahamians and tourists alike,” said Minister Wells.“One hundred and fifty sailors from 24 countries around the world participated in the Inaugural Event in 2016.   The international participants included Olympic-class sailors.  This year, we have built on that success.”Minister Wells invited the public to come and enjoy the intense competition among the different sailing groups, which include 10 A-Class sloops, nine B-Class sloops, 32 C-Class sloops, and 50 world-class sailors.“We will have Olympic-style sailing with live-streaming via internet around the world.  The competition is open to all boat owners and sailors and has already registered over 200 Bahamian sailors, hailing from New Providence, Grand Bahama, Long Island, Exuma, Acklins, Ragged Island, Andros, Cat Island and Mayaguana.   We are grateful to the event’s major sponsors: Paradise Games, Commonwealth Brewery, and Janaee’s Uniform Centre.   I encourage other organizations to add their financial support to this cultural exhibition,” said Minister Wells.Gratitude was also expressed to all stakeholders and sailors who are participating in the Sir Durward Knowles 100th Birthday Regatta, which will be held on October 28-29 at Montagu Bay.“Sir Durward has contributed exponentially to the sport of sailing in The Bahamas and the world at large.   While I’m on the subject of sailing, I take this opportunity to congratulate Mr. Gavin McKinney, who last month won the International 5.5 Metre Class Association’s 2017 World Championships in Benodet, France.  The Bahamas is very proud of him,” said Minister Wells.“As we embark on the Best of the Best events in December, I look forward to fierce sailing competitions, pageantry and vibrant, energized cultural entertainment.   All are invited to join us and we pray God’s blessing on the activities.”By: Gena Gibbs (BIS)Photo caption:  Agriculture & Marine Resources Minister, the Hon. Renward Wells, centre, along with organizing committee announces world class and local sailing events at Best of the Best Regatta, taking place at Montagu Bay in December.  (BIS Photos/Derek Smith) Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApplast_img read more

Flamengo confirm interest in Inter Milans Gabriel Barbosa

first_imgFlamengo director Marcos Braz confirmed their interest in signing Gabriel Barbosa and revealed they are waiting to hear back from Inter MilanThe 22-year-old forward has impressed back at his homeland in Brazil on loan at Santos with 27 goals this year.But now Barbosa’s loan stay at his old club has ended and he’s since returned to Inter.However, the Brazil international appears to have no future at the San Siro with West Ham and Flamengo having been linked with moves for the highly-rated attacker.Now Flamengo have confirmed their interest with Braz awaiting a response from the Nerazzurri.Maurizio Sarri, JuventusMaurizio Sarri satisfied despite Juventus’ draw at Fiorentina Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Maurizio Sarri was satisfied with Juventus’ performance on Saturday afternoon after finishing a tough game at Fiorentina 0-0.Although it remains to be seen whether they can persuade Inter to sell him for less than the €33.5m the Italian’s forked out for him two years ago.“Barbosa is a player under contract,” Braz told Fox Sports.“We’re waiting for Inter, but this is a very complicated negotiation.”Barbosa has never started for Inter in the Serie A and he’s only managed the one goal in 10 appearances.last_img read more